As Senior Accountant at Chasse & Company, you’ll join an experienced financial team who exemplify industry excellence, honesty, and foresight.
You’ll be performing most engagements with little supervision, directing and reviewing work, and making independent decisions on accounting and tax matters. Should unusual situations arise, you’ll be expected to present the information to management in a responsible manner.
About Chasse & Company
Chasse & Company are a Maine-based CPA and accounting firm. We provide comprehensive consulting and accounting services that help real Mainers and Maine businesses achieve long-term success.
With more than 70 years of combined experience in tax preparation, financial planning, and risk management, we cultivate smart solutions for our client’s financial goals. We build trust and prove value by using strategic foresight for Mainers and Maine businesses every day of the year.
- 3 weeks, 3 days PTO in year 1
- Health/dental paid for employee
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Hybrid work schedule available
- Must be able to work in-office, remote, or on client premises.
- Moderate/low overtime during February & March.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Clearly understand our procedures and policies.
- Have a working knowledge of our technology.
- Have the technical know-how to supervise staff accountants.
- Have the people skills to develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
- Develop a command of relevant IRC sections and regulations.
- Proficiency with tax and accounting research, including knowledge of reference sources available.
- An ability to evaluate others’ performances.
- Responsible for supervising tax return preparation engagements.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise various phases of engagements.
- Perform any other necessary duties per management’s request.
- College undergraduate degree, working toward 150 hours of education.
- 2 years’ experience as a staff accountant.