The Senior Accountant role at Chasse & Co. is an advanced position involving a diversified scope of accounting, finance, and tax.
Our Senior Accounting team works independently on accounting and tax assignments with the responsibility of directing and reviewing the work of others. In this role, you will perform engagements with little supervision and the confidence to successfully advise clients on “best practices” in order to achieve a desired outcome while broadening your skill set with more sophisticated projects. Enjoy a flexible schedule, an in-house wealth of knowledge, and an encouraging and exciting work environment. Join as a Senior Accountant at Chasse & Co. to advance your career in finance and enrich the lives of others at Maine’s most comprehensive financial consulting and CPA firm.
About Chasse & Company
Chasse & Company is a Maine-based CPA and accounting firm. We provide comprehensive consulting and accounting services that help real Mainers and Maine businesses achieve long-term success.
With more than 70 years of combined experience in tax preparation, strategic planning, finance, and risk management, we cultivate smart solutions for our client’s financial goals. We build trust and provide value by using strategic foresight for Mainers and Maine businesses every day of the year.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a member of our Senior Accounting team, you’ll take on the following objectives and responsibilities:
Accounting & Tax Preparation
- Review client’s income regarding potential deductions and credits.
- Assist businesses and individual clients in preparing tax returns.
- Apply federal, state, and local codes to ensure tax compliance.
- Consult clients on tax law and income statement documentation.
- Learn to complete work papers and apply “best practices” on client services.
- Develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
- Provide excellent client service by quickly producing quality work and providing attentive service.
- Guide and coach Staff Accountants on best practices.
- Review the work of Staff Accountants before submission.
- Present to management any issues that might arise in a responsible and timely manner.
Our goal is to continue building our team with financial experts who aim to help others find financial success with strategic assistance. We want to hear from you about what your skills are today and how you’d like to learn and grow in the future. That said, we’re looking for professionals with the following:
- 2 years of experience as a Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant or a similar role.
- College undergraduate degree, working toward 150 hours of education.
- Keen attention to detail, alongside an analytical approach.
- Confidence in preparing financial documents for a range of clients.
- Organizational skills to manage numerous projects.
- A collaborative and ego-free personality with enthusiasm for learning and building skills in the industry.
- Competitive base salary of $75-100k
- Tax season bonus
- Year-end bonus
- Encouragement, support, and guidance to advance
- On-the-job training of consulting, advising, and planning
- Health and Wellness Benefits
- Premium health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Time Off Benefits
- 18 days PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- A flexible or hybrid schedule when workload permits
- Family, medical, bereavement, and other types of leave
- Retirement Benefits
- Company-matched retirement plan